QUALITY EDUCATION FOR ALL
The power of Education lies with all of us.
Code for Quality Education.
As a Local Department Official, I promise to:
- Always be available to assist schools, principals and teachers;
- Respond to request or concerns of Community Education Forums;
- Visit all schools within the district on a regular basis;
- Monitor teacher and student attendance, and ensure that no child is out of school;
- Ensure all schools receive the necessary resources in time for teaching to commence;
- Ensure all schools have their full staff allocation, and that any vacancies are filled without delay;
- Assist all schools to improve their performance, ensuring regular tests are conducted, and results are reported to parents.
As a TEACHER, I promise to:
- Teach, to advance the education and the development of learners as individuals;
- Respect the dignity and rights of all without prejudice;
- Develop loyalty and respect for the profession;
- Be punctual, enthusiastic, well prepared for lessons, and of sober mind and body;
- Maintain good communication between teachers and students, among teachers themselves, and between teachers and parents;
- Provide regular information to parents on their children’s progress;
- Eliminate unprofessional behaviour such as teacher-pupil relationships, drunkenness, drug use, assault and others;
- Make myself available to provide extra-mural activities.
As a LEARNER, I promise to:
- Accept the main reason for being in the school is to learn and develop academically, socially and culturally;
- Adhere to school rules agreed on in legitimate, democratic forums;
- Respect the Learner Representative Council (LRC) to ensure teachers do not abuse their authority;
- Respect and not discriminate other learners;
- Avoid anti-social behaviour like theft, vandalism, and assault, alcohol and other drug abuse, and other activities that disrupt the learning process.
As a PARENT, I promise to:
- Involve myself actively in school governance structures;
- Have regular discussion with my children about general school matters;
- Cultivate a healthy; open and cooperative relationship with my children’s teacher;
- Create a home environment conducive to study;
- Assist in the protection of education of resources such as textbooks, chairs, tables and others.
As a COMMUNITY, we promise to:
- Ensure that every school-going child is at school;
- Ensure a safe and crime free environment for schooling, and protect the school and its assets from vandalism.
We pledge to undertake these responsibilities to ensure quality education for all.